This week has been such a whirlwind of fun, adventures, and a whole lot of relaxing! I'm getting excited because next week I'm heading on a roadtrip with Kate, Lauren, and their mom to hear Kate speak at the Becoming Conference. If you're going, I can't wait to meet you!
1. I ordered Annie Down's book and it came in the mail earlier this week. Y'all, its so good. I mean really good! It's geared more towards teens and oh how I wished there was a book like this around when I was a teen. I'm going to write a post on it shortly. But if you have a teen, get her this book!
2. Remember when I told you I have a problem.... Ice cream and I are currently becoming fast BFFs. I'm sure this is probably a terribly unhealthy habit that I'm developing, or perhaps I'm just holding onto the last few days of summer. Either way, I'm going to need an intervention.
3. My sweet friend Liz always gives me pink and green hand me downs. It's my favorite when she is getting rid of things because I always score big time. This past week she gave me a Lilly entertaining book. It did wonders for my southern heart!
4. Haiti has been on my heart a lot lately. I think I'm partially missing loving on little ones like I did when I was a teacher. I'm hoping to maybe take a trip there in the future. However, I'm launching a new line of products in October and hoping to use some of the money to help children in Haiti.
5. Going back to bad habits; my favorite sweets are candy pumpkins which are in full force now. I may or may not of had a whole bag of them the other day! Yes, I think the gym is calling my name.
6. I've been known to lose a key or two, so my roomie got me an adorable new house key. It just so happens to be pink, green and argyle. I'm kinda in love with it.
7. My lovely friend Amy had a birthday celebration last night, so we all went out to the bowling alley to celebrate her. I love getting together with my sweet girls!
I realize that 7 is a little more than 5. ;) Lets just say it was a good week. Thank you for all of you who linked up yesterday. I've been going through the links and trying to connect with all y'all!
it looks like it was a GREAT week, carrie!! those little pumpkins are the BEST. seriously. and girl, if you wanna get to haiti... i know how you can get to haiti. you let me know! :) <3ReplyDelete
Will see you at Becoming! I wonder how many others are going from the Raleigh area.ReplyDelete
I'll definitely have to check out that book for my girls ministry!ReplyDelete
Reading your blog is like breathing sweet, fresh air :) keep at it!ReplyDelete
I love those candy pumpkins too! and candy corn! I need to buy some! : ) and I also love mcdonalds cones - although I have yet to try the dipped ones. HOpe you have a great weekend!!ReplyDelete
When you can't stop at 5, you know you have a pretty decent life ;) I'd like to come get ice cream with you!ReplyDelete
um, ice cream is totally awesome. unfortunately my stomach/hips/thighs don't agree. ;)ReplyDelete
happy weekend, friend!
ahhh I'm right there with you on ice-cream!! and I love all the pink and green :)ReplyDelete
Oh sweet, sweet ice cream...how do I love thee. Ha! And candy corn and pumpkins too.ReplyDelete
Sweet key. I've seen keys like this popping up lately. Kinda makes me want to get one.
Stopping by from WW link up.